The cost of teen auto insurance is at least twice that of an adult above 25 years. That’s a problem if you have one or two teens. If you’re worried about the cost of insuring your teenager, here’s good news. The following tips should help you save a lot…
1) This one works before buying a car. Make sure you find out the car’s grouping. There are cars that cost a lot more to insure. Generally, sports cars and cars with big engines cost a lot more to insure. If you buy such a car for your teen, you’ll be raising what you pay on auto insurance by a great deal.
2) Check the crash and safety rating of the car. Apart from the fact that it will also lower your teen’s auto insurance premium, it will also keep your beloved child safer.
3) Encourage your teen to take lessons in defensive driving. This will reduce the risk associated with insuring him/her. Furthermore, they become better drivers too.
4) If your teen has good grades it will do you some good. Some insurance companies will lower their teen auto insurance for kids who have A’s and B’s.
5) Place your teen as the primary driver on the least expensive and/or the oldest car you have.
6) Get auto insurance quotes from at least three auto insurance quotes sites. I recommend getting your quotes from at least three sites because if you get quotes from only one site, you may miss out on offers they don’t present.